As The Gambia Experience we’ve always been aware of our footprint within the country and have sought to minimise our presence environmentally and also help within the country wherever we can. The School Development Fund has been running in the background for some years now (since 1989), and has contributed to over 100 projects. After much prevaricating, we’ve finally set up a website which we hope will increase the profile of the charity, and give a sense of focus to our charitable intentions within The Gambia.
Here’s how we intend to raise funds for the project for 2010 (which is already well on the way to £4000!):
- Personal donations by The Gambia Experience guests (donations which we match)
- Personal donations from non Gambia Experience guests (these are generally not matched by The Company)
- Other donations (from companies or from fund-raising activities by clients) (these are generally not matched by The Company)
- Collection tins are handed around the departure coaches to collect small change (matched by The Company)
- For every 100 questionnaires returned to the UK the Company donates £10
- Fund-raising events by UK staff
For the latter we’ve recently dressed up in our England colours and have opened a tuck shop. It all helps!
For more information on this, and the projects we’re currently supporting please visit the School Development Fund website.